Sunday, April 01, 2012

The Pirates! Band of Misfits To Premiere In Sydney Tonight; Hugh Grant To Walk Red Carpet

Profiles

Movies Hollywood Sydney


British movie star Hugh Grant arrived in Sydney without hardly getting noticed at the airport. Maybe it was the fact that Paris Hilton has been in town that distracted the press, but in any event Hugh was not complaining.

The 51-year-old actor, who recently became a dad, is in Sydney to promote his new animated movie The Pirates! Band Of Misfits, which will enjoy its red carpet at Event Cinemas at George St in a few short hours.

"I feel great," Mr Grant told Rupert Murdoch's News Limited. "I've got old friends I'm going to catch up with while I'm here."

Perhaps he's best known for his lead in The Four Weddings And A Funeral movie, but he's keen to become better known for more serious and dark roles.

Mr Grant became a dad to a baby Tabitha, last October, after a "fleeting affair" with Chinese actress Tinglan Hong.

He recently said of fatherhood: "I like my daughter very much. Has she changed my life? I'm not sure. Not yet. Not massively, no. But I'm absolutely thrilled to have had her - I really am.

"And I feel a better person."

Grant is also the godfather to ex Liz Hurley's nine-year-old son Damian, who he took to the London premiere of The Pirates! on March 21.

Pitch...

Pirate Captain sets out on a mission to defeat his rivals Black Bellamy and Cutlass Liz for the Pirate of the year Award. The quest takes Captain and his crew from the shores of Blood Island to the foggy streets of Victorian London.

Directors: Peter Lord, Jeff Newitt
Writers: Hamish McColl (screenplay), Gideon Defoe (book)
Stars: Hugh Grant, Salma Hayek and Jeremy Piven

Websites

The Pirates! Band of Misfits

Sony Pictures Animation

Event Cinemas

Eva Rinaldi Photography Flickr

Eva Rinaldi Photography

Music News Australia

Media Man News

Website Network

Media Man Int

Media Man

Media Man News

Media Man Entertainment